Concealed Carry Weapons
Each CCW class includes the entire AZ DPS packet you need to apply for your Arizona CCW permit. We’ll guide you through federal laws, as well as Arizona-specific laws. This class lasts approximately four hours and costs $50 in advance. Our CCW courses fill up quickly. If we still have space available on the day of class, we will take walk-ins for a charge of $60.
In general, you must follow the criteria below to qualify for an Arizona Concealed Carry Weapons permit:
- Be a resident of Arizona OR a United States citizen.
- Be 21 years of age or older
- Or be at least 19 years of age and provide evidence of current military service, proof of honorable discharge or general discharge under honorable conditions from the United States Armed Forces, United States Armed Forces Reserve or a State National Guard.
- Must not be under indictment for a felony offense.
- Must not be convicted of a felony offense, unless the conviction has been expunged, set aside, vacated or pardoned, or the individuals right to possess firearms has been restored AND the individual must not be a prohibited possessor under state or federal law.
- Must not suffer from mental illness and been adjudicated mentally incompetent or committed to a mental institution.
- Must not be unlawfully present in the United States.
- Must complete a firearms safety training program pursuant to ARS §13-3112.N. (The Bear Arms CCW course fulfills this requirement.)